4. Here's a video off our local mountain (Peavine) here in Reno, NV. About 7.5 mins, 70 MB. Video shot in April.
5. Glorifying downhill & riding structures:
6. Mountain bikers try to justify illegally cutting down trees and building trails in Vancouver's North Shore rainforest:
7. Maah Daah Hey Trail, North dakota – including lots of off-trail riding:
From: "Jack Tomkinson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 11:34:35 -0800
Subject: Great Maah Daah Hey trail video
my friends at Double Forte, the tandem mountainbike listserver.
Makes me want to do a road trip.
A friend just sent us this video of them riding the MDH trail in 2005. This
a 100 mile off road trail in western ND that we've been down twice and we'll
again be doing this fall. This video was taken during a usually wet year
but the video is pretty good and captures the look and feel of the trail
Hope you enjoy it.
Arlyn Aronson @ Superior Tandems (906) 370-2911
9. An MTB television channel: http://www.mtbcut.tv/
10. It speaks for itself (mountain biking accidents): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRGGm7wpVvo
11. Mountain biking in mud!: http://www.kbvp.com/node/111
12. What mountain bikers have done to the woods on the North Shore of Vancouver: http://www.greatoutdoors.com/video/mountain-bike-magic
13. Illegally constructed trails in North Vancouver, B.C.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3LqkB13iv8
14. Destroying wildlife habitat to create thrills for mountain bikers:
[morca] Re: Toro Park trails --QUESTIONS
From: crankspd <email@example.com>
To: "Monterey Off-Road Cycling Association (MORCA)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
There are 6 short videos on Youtube.com now of the trail work from
March 14th. Just search on youtube under "toro park" and "aquaduct",
the temporary name for this new trail. If that doesn't work, here are
15. "North Shore" Vancouver, BC, illegal trail construction:
The first one includes good comments from the former politician, Ernie Crist, who passed away last year (His comments get watered down in the mtb'ing mayhem. He took a brunt of abuse from the mountain bikers for his strong stance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHpSWrpn1pg (shows a wall ride and teeter-totter)
This one shows a Hamster/Gerbil Wheel built in the woods:
Unbelievable, isn't it?
16. Sweden & England try to emulate Vancouver's North Shore: http://vimeo.com/3000950.
17. Amazingly cynical rainforest destruction!: http://vimeo.com/3338567?pg=embed&sec=&hd=1
18. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnEyZXqqTIw. Now try to name any of the features of the trail! The speed of mountain biking doesn't allow one to remember much of the experience! Bored yet? Yes, mountain biking really is that boring!
19. "Trials of the Trails", North Vancouver, BC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHpSWrpn1pg. The trail-building, by their own admission, increased the number of people in the woods by a factor of 10! This effectively makes the habitat unusable by the wildlife. Of course, trail-building also destroys habitat directly, and fragments the existing habitat so that it is effectively destroyed as habitat.
20. For what it's worth, the attached very cautionary mountain bike disaster from YouTube has received wide publicity on the Comedy Central show "Tosh 2.0" It might just cause some people to avoid similar stunts.
This mountain biker gives a lesson on how to ride over gnarly slippery roots in
a temperate rainforest. Lars tells mountain bikers to:
"approach the roots like you would an aggressive dog on its own property
-- with assertiveness!"...the rest of the film gives us a very good
picture how bike tires rip and shred at the root system compromising the trees'
integrity and health -- slipping and sliding over it, etc. It's a bloody shame,
and why do so many mountain bikers, like Lars, sound so illiterate in speech,
etc.? The whole destructive film here: http://nsmb.com/4112-lars-n-bars/
22. Mountain biker vs. mountain biker "accident": http://www.pinkbike.com/video/159119
23. What Passes for "Fun" among Mountain Bikers (BC)
illegal trail building and "shredding", while the authorities either
look the other way, or quietly support it as an important part of the local
economy....Of course, the mountain bikers on this list don't say one word about
the illegality of it. On the contrary, they defend it as "fun". Every
land manager should see this video!
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 15:13:44 -0700
Subject: [morca] Fwd: FW: Mountain Biking
From: Darius Rike <email@example.com>
To: "Monterey Off-Road Cycling Association (MORCA)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This is a pretty fun mountain biking (freeride) video.
Heres the link:
Watch this video to the very end. This guy really pushes the envelope, not
once, but three times (unlucky) on a cliff. Not only that, he hacks away at
vegetation that gets in the way of his stunt ride, and then switches to a
motorized dirt bike and back to a mountain bike again. What goes around comes
around. This guy gets his just rewards, but his cavalier attitude toward his
injury is disturbing. He shows his x-rays, and his rescue. What an idiot.
Subject: Annadel SP bike abuse
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:37:06 -0700
Just came across this chilling video, and thought I’d share it with you. A high speed descent at Annadel State Park. Scary as all get out. The hikers these guys passed must have feared for their lives – the riders doing jumps right next to them.
Found on The Bike Peddler shop site in Santa Rosa.
26. "Freeride Video: Shredding A Foggy Rainforest"
demonstrates and glorifies all of the worst habits of mountain bikers: riding
wet trails, riding through creeks, skidding, jumping, riding over tree roots,
27. More mountain biking mayhem, all for a cheap flick.
A video filmed on the West Coast of British Columbia. Nothing beats a days of building, riding, and filming!
Mountain unicycling seems brutal on the "family jewels."
28. The damage inflicted by such mountain bikers (for a cheap "bike porn" flick), resulting in illegal trail and structure building, riding off-trail, cutting their own trails, etc. These vandals and scofflaws need to be charged, fined, jailed, etc. rather than to be glorified... look at all the dirt kicked up, etc. Motocross dirtbikes, mountain bikes are -- but worse, since they are still called "bikes", as if they were benign.
"The project involved a week-long trip to Mike Hopkin's home base of Rossland, British Columbia where he has been working in what he dubs the "Loam Factory." The loose soil is the mountain biking equivalent of a powder day, but before Mike can slash his trail to bits, it's time to prove that the freerider can hold his own on the streets..."
(The first couple minutes of the film take place on the "street" before ripping up the loam in the forest...) And they take some nature shots, like they really "care". Disgusting!
29. Destroying rainforest in BC: "I have been pretty upset, of late, at our municipal politicians who are still pandering to the mountain bikers (with no end in sight) who now have become more "in your face" than ever. I read about Bills' Trail, once again under siege by the aggressive bikers. Here are the latest videos of what I can only call "sanctioned" vandalism of our forests.
These videos show our local mountain bikers digging trenches in the woods for trails??!! (for whatever reason I can no longer discern.) This is how bad it has become, up here. The California authorities who are allowing the mountain bikers to have their cake and eat it too need to view what happens when mountain bikers become over-entitled: (They have no fear of reprimand for publishing these kinds of videos, which show the public the truth about their anti-environmental activities in the woods. For the conservationists and non-mountain biking public to deny it is to remain willfully blind.)
30. This is how mountain bikers damage a forest (trail building -- digging up gold dirt and creating pits; gathering rocks from inside the forest, and cutting new trails, calling them reroutes and bypasses and consolidations.)The insanity never ends.
This film also shows how damaging trail building for mountain biking is(and they are always building new trails, sanctioned and illegal, digging up the forest more and more.) It goes on almost daily and weekly, even without "sanctioned" trail days. There are hundreds of trails (illegal and sanctioned), as mountain bikers are getting more and more "out of control", with little, if any, management or supervision.
This one needs to be posted on your website, Mike, as solid evidence of purposeful vandalism inside our forests and parks by mountain biking "community". Give them an inch and they will devour the woods, like they have here in North Vancouver, BC. It is because this lot is getting rewarded and with lots of pats on the back for this, so they do not have any fear or common sense not to post such ongoing vandalism -- sponsored by such "environmentally-minded" corporations such as MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op, in this case.)
These photos display exactly what is bad about mountain biking:
32. Watch their speed and habitat destruction!
From: "Eric Stobin" <STOBSTAR@COMCAST.NET>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 17:17:24 -0700
Subject: new trail in Moab, Captain Ahab
looks pretty rad!
34. http://youtu.be/bquCD8LER8I (it's called "cyclocross", but it's still off-road bicycling, hence is a kind of mountain biking)
35. "Digger"Todd Fiander built many of the illegal trails (40, plus 70 'one hit wonders for his films', and still building) on Fromme Mtn. and Seymour, along with "Dangerous" Dan Cowan, of Bowen Island. This film honouring a scofflaw mtber, Digger, tells us how low DNV has stooped embracing this callous environmental law breaker. It was shown on "mountain biking night", at the VIMFF (Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival). He is a role model our children in mountain biking want to emulate! Wrong gets rewarded and right is punished and told to "shut up!" Do we stand a chance against the likes of these idiots in the woods?
36. You will see all the natural ecology (named in the film) threatened by the rider in this film. It proves the mtbers are callous toward the environment and don't give a damn about it. This film was a winner? Ugh!
http://vimeo.com/71614964 [I suggest that you right-click on it & turn off HD, to speed up viewing]
This is the mentality we are up against, and one that is being applauded and rewarded by the public land managers, etc. Do we really wish these mtbers to be role models for children taking up this juvenile delinquent sport?
37. Disgusting!: https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=137735646386035
39. This shows exactly how mountain biking damages the environment: http://nsmb.com/wetness-coastal-crew/#comment-1790896731
40. How much wildlife viewing do you think is happening during this ride?:
They are all concussed fools...
On and off-trail riding, braiding and all the stuff that mountain bikers love to do (and why they should continue to be rewarded for their scofflaw tendencies....and all that garbage....)
45. Habitat destruction in action!: http://www.pinkbike.com/news/up-and-down-squamish-video-2015.html
46. What habitat destruction looks like: http://www.redbull.com/en/bike/stories/1331770827051/mark-wallace-dh-mtb-racing-british-columbia
48. From: [a friend]
Again: MTB is such a "benign" sport... NSMB.com
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 11:16:02 -0700
Pure Irony coming out of MTB idiots like NSMB's Cam McRae, gets called out by a mountain biker, for being a complete idiot and hypocrite, on his
Ferocious Trail Shredding article...
49. Is this person anti-mountain bike, or just a crazy mountain biking fool? In any case this is all the mountain bike crash video links you ever need for talking to schools, parents, etc. about the inherently dangerous sport of mountain biking. This is the truth about mountain biking dangers vs. the fine-tuned editing of so many mountain biking videos that make it all look so safe and easy. This is the truth about the reality, not the fantasy.
50. Terrifying, exhilarating GoPro video shows mountain biker zooming through a forest
52. Illegal Habitat Destruction in Action!: https://www.facebook.com/TheDudesofHazzard/videos/1543468455671380/
53. Brandon Semenuk "enjoying nature": https://vimeo.com/225888984
54. Erosion/habitat destruction in action: https://www.instagram.com/p/BXVeg2sDDga/.
55. Pleasanton Ridge Illegal Trails - Park Ranger Helicopter Incident 1-27-12 (NICA coaches taking high school mountain bikers on an illegal ride, in violation of their own "rules"; note the nasty comments from the mountain bikers):
56. Illegal mountain bike trail construction, Hop Ranch Creek Squamish B C May 27,2014:
57. "Freestyle" mountain biking:
58. Whistler Bike Park:
Can you imagine what would happen to a hiker - or an animal - who happened to be on that trail?